What We Believe
- The Bible
We believe that the Holy Scriptures are the divinely inspired Word of God and are authoritative in all matters of Christian faith and practice.
We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – who is Creator and Sustainer of all things.
- Jesus Christ
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, his atoning death on the cross, His bodily resurrection, and His ascension to the right hand of the Father.
We believe that Jesus Christ is the only Savior of mankind. Anyone can be forgiven through genuine repentance and personal faith in Him.
- Holy Spirit
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit to convict, teach, guide, and enable Christians to live a godly life.
- The Church
We believe that the church is composed of believers in Jesus Christ. He is the Head, the source of its life. The Church, Christ’s body, exists to bring glory to Jesus Christ and to accomplish His purpose.
- The Return of Christ
We believe in the personal return of Jesus Christ. To be with Jesus Christ is the hope of the Church and its encouragement for ministry.
- The Resurrection
We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead in Christ and believers everlasting peace and joy with the Lord, while the unbeliever will encounter judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.
We believe in open communion. All who know Christ as Savior may participate in communion. It is not dependent on membership. We partake in this ordinance four times a year.
Why We Exist
Convinced that Jesus Christ created us, forgave us, called us and will enable us, the people who are Davison Missionary Church exist to communicate the reality of His presence, power, and eternal purpose for every man, woman, and child.
Aware of our own individual needs, we gather together that His Word, the Bible, and His Holy Spirit may be allowed to accomplish change in our lives.
Influenced by the unconditional love of Jesus, we’ve bonded together, creating the spirit of family. Differing backgrounds and cultures are insignificant compared to the countless demonstrations of support in times of sorrow or joy. Life is easier in this environment where the reflection of Christ’s love is experienced.
Davison Missionary Church is a full member of the Missionary Church, Inc. This denomination was organized in its present form as a result of the 1969 merger of the missionary Church Association and the United Missionary Church. Both of these groups had their origins in revival movements that swept across north America in the late nineteenth century.
Many of the earlier members were Mennonites. At the time, this Christian sect had become caught up in a religion of empty form and declining tradition. The flames of revival sparked a renewed dynamic of Holy Spirit vitality that was not welcomed by leaders of their former churches. A passion to reach those who are without Christ seemed to be missing from the teaching of the day which simply was to draw away from the world. And so, for their testimony, a number were excommunicated. Under God’s direction, there came a resulting series of mergers that make up the denomination of the Missionary Church today.
The Davison Missionary Church began in April of 1957 under the leadership of Pastor John E. Tuckey, the Home Mission Superintendent of the Michigan District of the Missionary Church. The mission congregation was known as Davison Gospel Center and met in the Davison Township Fire Hall. Children sometimes called it the “Fire Engine Sunday School.”
The church was organized as a congregation of the Missionary Church in April of 1959. The first church building was constructed on three acres of ground at the present site in 1961. This original unit has been expanded by additions in 1970 and 1975. Additional property and a child care center have been purchased to minister to the needs of the community. Late in 1989, the Milsom Furniture Store was purchased and has been remodeled into our Family Center. These buildings are simply tools that God has given us to do His work in this community.
What is the Missionary Church?
In the broadest sense, the Missionary Church is over 160,000 people in more than 1500 congregations in 29 countries. Over 400 of these congregations are in the United States. The Missionary Church is a growing denomination. Churches are now being started at a rate of three per month. Our missions outreach has expanded into 12 new countries in the past decade.
The Missionary Church came into existence as a result of the spiritual revivals that swept across North America in the late 19th century. The evangelistic fervor of the revivals continued through an aggressive program of missionary activity. The worldwide vision of the Missionary Church has made an impact on world evangelism far out of proportion to its size.
In short, the Missionary Church is an evangelical denomination committed to worldwide evangelism, discipleship and multiplication of growing churches. With the home office located in Fort Wayne, Indiana, the Missionary Church joins with its affiliate organizations, World Partners (world missions), Bethel College (Mishawaka, Indiana), and the Church Multiplication Training Center (Fort Wayne, IN), to aggressively communicate the message of Christ.
The Missionary Church is a legally incorporated family of interdependent churches that have freely chosen to link themselves together in order to accomplish assignments for God as a team which could not be done alone.
You can learn more about The Missionary Church at their web site,www.mcusa.org.